An Expected Journey

May 25, 2015

We have been planning to go to D.C. for several months, and now we are underway! At least, 5/8 of the family are. Dad, Gabe, and Mia were able to get a good flight deal, so they will be meeting us in Nashville, TN.

We left the house around 9:30(ish) this morning. I drove the first hour, until we made a pit stop at Starbucks. I had several gift-cards, and I thought one of them was almost empty, so I handed it to mom, and headed to the ladies room. Apparently, I had close to $15 on it, enough to treat everyone else, and still have a bit left over. Huh. I wonder how that happened?

Anyways, we left, with mom in the driver's seat. We lasted about another hour and a half, or so, before pulling off at a truck stop by the side of the highway. There were several trucks already there, so we thought that it was a good spot. We decided we could hold on a bit longer when we found out that the only bathrooms available were portable toilets (none too clean).

We found a gas station, refilled the tank, and were back on the road a little while later. Nobody really talked much during the ride, but then again, all the talkers are still at home...with the ice-cream we failed to finish before our journey began.

We have crossed over the state line into Arkansas, and are located in a very nice hotel in Little Rock with a Starbucks across the way, and free breakfast that has been rumored to be excellent.

Before checking in, Mom took us to a really cool library, whose name escapes me for the moment (it had something to do with President Bill Clinton), and we hung out there for about an hour.

Now, Lydia and I are in that Starbucks (my card is empty now) typing up blog posts, and catching up on emails, while Mom, Ava, and Christian are exploring the vicinity of the indoor pool at the hotel.

We drove through some really interesting scenery, we saw lots of flooded places, some spots we could just barely see the tops of trees. But it's so amazingly GREEN. All the rain we've been getting has certainly put us out of the drought we've been suffering.

May 26, 2015

Evidently, we don't have wifi on the road, so I didn't get the above posted. But, now we are in Nashville, with wifi in our hotel room.

Today was rather uneventful, no adventures, whatsoever. Although, I did get to drive over the Mississippi River into Tennessee. Most of the cool buildings and scenery passed during the two hours I drove, I asked the others to get pics, apparently they thought I meant with their devices, not my camera, so I don't have many pictures.

We are now heading out the door to go see McFarland USA at a dollar theater about three minutes away.

~Chloe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bookshelf Tag

I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick.... oh dragon's teeth!

I fixed it!