A Very Non-tag

Miss Lily, over at Lily in His Field, came up with this sweet 'non-tag'. It is free to all those who wish to accept. So, being me, I did.

Here goes!

1. Spring or Fall?

Well, I live in Texas, so spring is our 'wet and mud season'. I don't like wet, and mud and I don't get along. Spring is also when all the snakes start coming out again, whereas in fall, they're leaving. I'll go with fall.

2. Waterparks or Beaches?

I'm a beach girl through and through, but I'm not opposed to going to a waterpark.

3. Dream car?

I suppose something practical that gets good milage.

4. An event you're looking forward to?

The day when Jesus returns.

5. Marvel or DC comics?

I've never actually read either of them, and I've only ever watched Batman Begins *ducks head*. So I can't say which. I've heard that Marvel is more on the funny side, whereas DC has more of a dark side.

6. Coffee or tea?

Tea! On occasion I'll drink coffee, but I definitely prefer tea.

7. If you were a flower, what kind would you be?

A bluebonnet.

8. Least favorite color?

Neon green.

9. Pet peeve?

When people confuse your and you're; they're, their, and there; its and it's; and to, too, and two.

Bugs me so bad!

Also when people leave lights on for no particular reason.

10. Dream career?

A horse trainer.

11. Favorite lesser-known Biblical character?

Chloe. She's in there, I promise!

She is mentioned in 1st Corinthians 1:11.

12. Favorite attribute of God?

His sameness.

13. If you can pinpoint this in time, what age were you when Jesus saved you? 

I can't say exactly, I think I was somewhere in between four and five.

14. Favorite character trait in other people?

I like it when people make me laugh.

15. Favorite character trait in fictional characters?

The truly great stories are when the main character has a million chances to turn back, but they don't, and they are successful in their 'mission'.

16. Dresses or pants?

Pants. Most of the dresses that are sold today either cost an arm and a leg, or don't cover enough to satisfy me, or both. But I do wear skirts sometimes.

17. One of your most embarrassing moments?

Tut tut, mustn't ask, not its business!

I've had more than my fair share of them, but only one comes to mind.

I was checking for missed calls on one of the phones in our house. I saw one, and called the number back. Now, bear with me, the connection was terrible, so I couldn't quite hear what the other end was saying, but it went something like this:

Me: "Hello?" Other End: "Hello!" Me: "I'm not interested, please take me off your call list" OE:*unintelligible crackling* Me: "I think you have the wrong number" OE:"Ma'am, I'm just trying to do my job" *more crackling* "Are you Yolanda Martinez?" Me: "No, I am not" OE: "Ok, thank you ma'am. Just be more careful next time, you never know when a group of lawyers is on the other end of the line. Have a nice day!" Me: "Ummm….. Thanks, you too."


It would have been really bad if I had done what Pinterest has suggested, and just said "It's done, but there's blood everywhere."

18. An answered prayer?

Ok. Recently, our church lost its pastor. I was writing up a blog post, pouring out my woes, when I typed "Hold on!" Then something flowed out through my fingers onto the screen. It was a reminder not to be frightened, or worried.

19. Current weather where you're at?

Let me check...

Sunny right now, but we are supposed to have more storms every day of the week.

20. A U.S. state that you have not traveled to, but would like to?

Montana. Christian has been there a few times, and says that it's really pretty.

21. How many states have you been in?

A lot. I don't know exactly how many I've driven through, but I've flown into at least six different ones.

22. Have you ever been out of the country?

I have. Once.

I went to Haiti for a week last June.

23. One boy and one girl name you'd like for your children?

I'm not sure on this one. Ashley and Alex, maybe?

24. Number of bobby pins you've lost in your lifetime? 

Well, considering I don't actually use them very often, maybe close to 50 or so.

25. Who is your hero, besides Jesus?

In real life, probably my dad.

In the fictional world, probably Samwise Gamgee.

26. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

Wherever the Lord wants me to be.

27. What motivates you to work hard?

Well, if I don't, privileges are taken away. So that usually does the trick. Sometimes a pep-talk with dad works as well.

28. What makes you laugh most?

When other people laugh.

29. What was the last movie you went to?

McFarland USA. Go watch it now!

30. Who is your favorite author?

The Author of the universe.

But also Tolkien.

31. Do you have a nickname? What is it?

I used to...

Do you really want to know?

I suppose so.

Here it is: Chlo-mo-marimee.

Don't ask.

32. What's the longest you've gone without sleep?

Somewhere around 36 hours. I think. We were flying home from a vacation, had a layover, and ended up arriving home in the morning. I decided I wasn't tired enough to go through the process of getting ready for bed, so I stayed awake.

33. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?

Well, if I am still alive when they film it I would want me to play me. But that's not going to happen.

34. Favorite fast-food chain?

Chick-fil-a.

35. How many languages can you speak?

I know a few words in French (not enough to make conversation though), two or three in Creole, a smattering of Spanish, some Sindarin, I'm being taught Latin, and, of course, my mother tongue, English.

36. Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?

I've been told that my mom's side of the family is distantly related to Paul Revere.

37. Are you a clean or messy person?

Compared to Lydia, I'm messy. But, compared to the rest of my siblings, I'm really not that bad. I'm content to have stuff laid out where I can see it, but sometimes I get a cleaning inspiration, and make everything spick and span.

38. How many pillows do you sleep with?

Two.

39. What did you want to be when you were little?

If I remember correctly, I think I wanted to be a cowgirl. It was either that, or a mom.

40. If you came wearing a label, what would it say?

If I seem overly polite, it is because (a) I am really stressed out, (b) I don't like you, or, (c) I respect you. Also, is prone to bursts of extrovert-ism, but mainly prefers to keep to herself.

Thanks again for making this 'non-tag' Lily!

~Chloe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bookshelf Tag

I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick.... oh dragon's teeth!

I fixed it!