"Monty Python and The Holy Grail" Review

After a very long time of seeing hilarious lines from this movie on Pinterest, we finally borrowed it from the library. Last night Lydia, Christian, and I watched it.

To be fair, the lines were still funny, and we found that a good deal of the movie was ok for our tastes, but to be brutally honest, we all disliked it immensely.

Some of our friends recommended the movie to us, but it was after we watched it that we discovered that they had only seen the good and funny parts of it.

We were not amused with the fighting scenes. There was only one of them that we were grossed out by, but still enjoyed because of the funniness. Yeah, it was the "tis but a scratch/flesh wound" one.

We did find the bridge scene quite funny, it's probably the one we quote most often out of the whole movie.

Also, the opening credits. Just. Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously? Makes me want to study credits more.

We did not like the french guard person thingy.

About 2/3 of the way through the movie, we paused it so that Lydia could explain to us that it was made a very long time ago, when all the crude things being said were actually considered funny. By that time, we were just watching it to see if the ending would make sense.

By the time we finished it we were all making this face:


My thoughts were: "Well, at least now I know how not to make a movie."

Seriously though, some of the lighting was terrible. Some of the language and actions were...questionable.

On a scale of one to ten, one being horrendous, and ten being absolute perfection, I give it a three.

If I was told I had to either watch the movie, or read a book, I'd read a book any day.

So, that's my two bits, have any of y'all watched Monty Python and The Holy Grail? What are your thoughts on it?

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to drink the tea I made two hours ago, but just remembered, and stare at my current Quote Queste entry until something comes.

~Chloe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bookshelf Tag

I fixed it!

AAAAAAA!