Summer

It's when...

All the fields and pastures are brown.

The cats are mostly active at night.

Cows are huddled under trees, or soaking in ponds.

Snakes are on the loose.

A lot of grass fires happen.

Grasshoppers fly up in a cloud with every step.

Fire-ants are EVERYWHERE.

The hens go on a laying strike.

School's out.

There's no rain.

The sunsets are gorgeous.

Pools are put into use.

Families migrate north or to the beach.

It's too hot to ride.

Road work is mostly done at night.

The lakes shrink.

The sun is relentless.

It's humid.

Most people are remembering how winter really wasn't all that bad.


So, why do I like summer? 

I really don't know.

Maybe, it's because I'm used to it coming around, every single year, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Maybe, it's because I like getting reminded that having cooler months each year is a blessing.

Maybe, it's because I like looking out at brown fields. 

Maybe, I just like it because I like it.

Maybe those reasons are correct, maybe not. 


What are your thoughts on summer? 
Do tell! I'd love to hear.

~Chloe

Comments

  1. I've loved the cold of winter, but I feel that there is plenty of good things about summer as well. I love a tradition that my family has. Every Saturday during summer, we get Popsicles and watch the sunset and play games. I especially love the sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to put it. Summer to me is finishing schoolwork from last year and setting up our above ground pool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Though, we usually keep up with math almost all year round. Thanks for sharing!
      ~Chloe

      Delete
  3. Winters my favorite because you can just put on a coat but summer if you even wear shorts and a tank top you still get hot and there's nothing you can do about it :P they're both really pretty tho!!
    -JH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, if you have any questions, ask away!

My eyes will twinkle notably, and I'll begin to smile uncontrollably!

But please, keep your comments pleasing to The Lord.

Ni lassui!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bookshelf Tag

I fixed it!

AAAAAAA!