A while back, I mentioned going on a Haiti trip in 2014 with Mom and Lydia. I also said that a two-year anniversary post was coming up. This is it, by the way. June 5, 2014. Mom, Lydia, and I met up with the rest of our group that morning (7am, I think? Not sure though), who had flown in from Kansas the night before. (We were with a group from Haiti Lifeline Ministries ) We landed in Florida, made a gate change, and got on the plane to Haiti. (I must say, it is a whole lot easier to get out of the US than it is to get back in) You know Haiti; definitely not classified as a first world country, so there was none of this 'wandering off two by two' in the Haitian airport. A truck from the orphanage we were going to met us, and the baggage was loaded on. Everyone piled inside (it was open-air, and the seats were essentially metal bleacher benches, no seatbelts). The orphanage was a good 30-45 minute drive. I say drive, but the roads were mostly unpaved and chock-full of ...
Never ever underestimate a rooster with a grudge. It boggles my mind though, how come he punctured the skin, but not my barn boot? Why can't I have those magical instantaneous healing qualities? Next time he takes a potshot at me when my back is turned (which he's done on more than one occasion in the past), I'm going to see about learning how to butcher chickens. He'd make the biggest chicken pot pie ever. Mrs (our duck) is sitting on a nest of at least 14 eggs (she's well protected this time, unlike the last time she decided to go broody). I'm hoping she sits on them until they all hatch (she laid one per day, so she'd end up having to stay on the nest for about two weeks after the first one hatches). Dad did some research and found out that ducks can sit on their eggs for anywhere between 25-35 days until the first eggs hatches. Also, our black chicken has gone broody in one of the nesting boxes, but seeing as how she chose the nesting box that...
Bang goes that theory. -_- Night before last, the heater ran all night, and I had the brilliant idea to accidentally sleep a large portion of the night with my mouth open. Fast-forward to 7:30 yesterday morning. I woke up with a sore throat. Determined to not let it get me down, I continued to function like normal, despite the fact that all I really wanted to do was ignore my alarm clock and pull the blankets back over my head. I marched downstairs and promptly brewed myself a mug-full of tea. Most the the day, I was able to act like nothing was out of the ordinary- I was even able to finish my science for the rest of the year! (*throws confetti*) After dinner though, I started getting really really tired. When Mom read us a story in the living room, I almost fell asleep. After she finished, I went back up to my room. If it hadn't been only 8ish I would have gone to sleep immediately, but it was, so instead, I crawled into bed with a book. I little while later, little si...
LOL! XD Congratulations! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteXD That's good! :D
ReplyDelete