Beautiful People: Millicent (dun dun DUN)



Find July's post here.

If you have any questions, go here.

You can join any time, and it's super fun too!

I'm going to do mine on Millicent, who is a very, I repeat, VERY big character in at least two (most likely more) of my stories. She's the villain in one, and I can't tell you very much about her in the other one right now, because huge spoilers. 

Onwards!

Do they want to get married and/or have children? Why or why not?
Actually, she did get married, but I can't tell you who she married, because that would completely give away The Huge Spoiler. She did have a daughter though. (hold on a sec, I gave you a sizeable hint a post or two ago here

What is their weapon of choice? (It doesn’t necessarily have to be a physical weapon.)
Her wit.

What’s the nicest thing they’ve done for someone else, and why did they do it?
She would say that the nicest thing she's done thus far is leaving. Her daughter would say otherwise.

Have they ever been physically violent with someone, and what instigated it?
Oh yes. 
And now that I am your queen,” she raised her voice even louder, “that makes all of you my people. And I will do with my people whatever I please!” She declared. “You may keep your daughter, as promised,” she said to her brother and sister-in-law, “but before the sun sets on her eighteenth birthday, a single arrow will pierce her heart, and she will die!” The wolf howled, as if to emphasize the gravity of the situation. Millicent cackled maniacally, before disappearing in a cloud of smoke and ash. All that remained was the echo of the wolf’s cry.

The fact that her brother did not invite her to his daughter's birthday banquet. (come on guys, it's Sleeping Beauty, what's an author to do?)

Are they a rule-follower or a rebel?
Definitely a rebel.

Are they organized or messy?
Her organization is chaotic.

What makes them feel loved, and who was the last person to make them feel that way?
Spoilers, spoilers everywhere. ._.
I guess Uan helps comfort her when she needs it, but now she's caught between the life she's had for the majority of her years and the life she missed with her daughter and husband.

What do they eat for breakfast?
Tea and toast with one over-easy egg.

Have they ever lost someone close to them? What happened?
Her entire life is filled with losses. Some of them she instigated, the rest just happened.

What’s their treat of choice? (Or, if not food, how else do they reward themselves?)
She loves tea, but there is this one special kind that is only made in one of the worlds. Since she hasn't been able to realm-leap in a very long time, her supply is slowly growing smaller, thus she only allows herself to have it for special times.


You probably got this far and ended up a bit confused with Millicent. One minute she's good, the next she's not. "What in the world is happening Chloe? Your scatterbrained-squirrel ways are making me dizzy!"

Never fear, an explanation is near! (*snort*)
(forget about spoilers, y'all are getting the inside scoop of like, my entire plot for two books!)

Millicent is a very complex character. In the first book, "The Songbird" (a Sleeping Beauty/Robin Hood retelling) she is the Maleficent character, so of course she's mean. But, there's an even greater evil (that I think may need a whole other book to fully explain what's going on there) that has a hand in her abilities. 

See, she used to be human, but now she's not quite. Long story short, she's redeemed at the end and the good in her shines through (Sleeping Beauty, i.e., her character [reputation, actions, etc.] was ugly when she was bad, but now it's not...? I tried). I haven't actually finished writing it, I'm only about 10,500 words in.

Now I'm working on a Beauty and the Beast retelling (great idea I know, work on book #2 in a series when you don't want to work on book #1). Not only is Millicent in it, she is also very close to our Beauty character, Reiyna. She is also the Mrs. Potts character. 

Guess who the Beast character is?
Should I write up a post for him?
Do any of y'all do BP?
Tell me everything!

Comments

  1. I am guessing Uan is the beast character, which I think would be awesome. I remember really liking Millicent from snippets.
    I think all of us writers are scatterbrained squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cough* Sorry about taking over a month to get back to you! :/

      Dingdingdingding! You are correct!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, if you have any questions, ask away!

My eyes will twinkle notably, and I'll begin to smile uncontrollably!

But please, keep your comments pleasing to The Lord.

Ni lassui!

Popular posts from this blog

I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick.... oh dragon's teeth!

The Bookshelf Tag

I fixed it!