Because I like to group multiple tags into one post
(Note: I find that many of my posts consist of tags, and though I don't dislike tags [they can be quite entertaining], I would like to cut down on them in the future as they are essentially filler posts. From now on, I'll be a bit more selective.)
Thank you to all the lovely people who have tagged me over the past month!
1. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
2. Nominate other bloggers (up to 11) and give them 11 questions to answer.
1. Would you rather live forever, or die tomorrow?
That's a tough one. If I live forever, I could share the gospel with so many people, but never get to go to Heaven unless I was killed (there's a morbid thought). If I die tomorrow, I would go to Heaven (there are no downsides). (there's another thing about me; I like to weigh the costs and benefits to practically everything)
2. Best compliment you've ever received?
Someone told me I was pretty. (Thanks Mom!)
Another random fact that just came to me: Although I enjoy words of affirmation, I find that it is very difficult for me to accept the fact that the person saying them is sincere.
3. How would you describe yourself?
Christian. Brown hair that refuses to cooperate. Blue eyes that sometimes like grey or greenish. 5'7". Shy. Book dragon. Sarcastic. ISTP. Loves animals. Second-born. Quiet. Glasses. Photo editor. Stubborn. Homeschooled. Loves music.
4. If you could stay at any age, what age would you stay at?
How would I know? I haven't tried them all yet. :P
5. Do you believe in soulmates?
Yes, I do believe that God has somebody for everyone.
6. What is the saddest book you have ever read?
Sad as in depressing? Or sad as in bawled my eyes out other the course of the entire thing?
Depressing: Ender's Game. By the time I finished that book, though it was wonderfully told, I was in need of the fluffiest book of all time.
Bawled my eyes out: ehhhhh..... I have a heart of stone. I haven't cried over a book in well over a year, and even then it was only a couple tears (Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage, the part where they kill the dog teams).
7. What is the fluffiest, happy-sunshine-and-rainbows book you have ever read?
Though every book has its low points, I must say that Fairest, by Gail Carson Levine (also the author of Ella Enchanted) was the most full-of-fluff book I've ever read. I can't think of a single thing worth mentioning that could be of use in the real word.
8. Were you ever afraid of the dark?
No, not all-out scream whenever somebody turned the light out. Growing up, Lydia and I always had a night-light in our room, and the bathroom light was usually on, but I don't think we ever had a problem with them turned off.
9. What is your biggest fear?
Something that could happen any moment? Maybe having the chair I'm sitting on suddenly collapse through the ceiling.
Or something in the future? Going out on my own.
Something emotionally? I feel threatened in public places. I just do. I wear pants with pockets on the sides specifically so that I can grab my pocket knife easily. It's stressful.
Something physically? Not being able to breathe. (haha, and I'm the one who arguably dives for seaglass the most while on vacation)
Something happening to me? Being in a dangerous situation.
Something happening to a family member? Losing them.
I NEED SPECIFICATION!
So now you know all my fears. Ahem.
10. If you could go back and talk to your younger self, what would you say?
Suck it up, Buttercup. I used to let things get to me *rolls eyes* sooooooo much. And the thing is, I would just bottle it up until explosion day, and I would have a huge angry outburst and it would basically just be a horrible couple days before things cooled down.
11. What are two things about yourself that you would never change?
Well, there isn't really anything that doesn't change. We change ourselves whether we want to or not. The only things that won't change are death and taxes, because they will always be there.
Text tag, Martin
Rules:1. Thank the blogger who tagged you/give a link back to their blog
2. Answer the original 6 text-themed questions
3. Add a word related question of your own for those you tagged to answer
4. Tag at least 6 bloggers and let them know
1. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
I always liked the letter "L", mostly because it looks so elegant in cursive.
2. What are three words you love?
Gargoyle (it sounds cool, ok?), Ferhoodle, and Gargantuan.
3. What are three words you hate?
Xylophone, Totes, Selfie.
4. If you were to create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?
Actually, one of my siblings made up this one (maybe it was Ava?): ishy-soso. It basically means that something was okay, but not the best. (Also, I'm stealing the sounds for a character name for a character that I don't even have yet: Ishee-saso).
5. What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
I tend to over-use commas a lot, so the Comma.
I also like the Semicolon, mostly because it looks cool.
And I can't think of a third one off the top of my head right now.
6. What are your three favorite fonts?
Times New Roman, Old English Text, and Mistral.
7. (added by previous blogger) What is a word/words that you think is often misunderstood and gets used in the wrong context?
Freedom. The right to bear arms. The whole Constitution. We are horrendously under-educated about our government and what our rights are. And I'm going to leave it at that before I start ranting.
8. (added by Martin) Imagine a parallel universe, where each person could only say one word. What word would you say and why?
Ok, to clarify, I can still write down something if I need to.
I say "shhh" a lot. (Ha! It is a word! Google didn't underline it!)
Question for the tag-ees: What word annoys you to no end?
Quote tag, Abigayle
Rules:1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Nominate 3 new bloggers everyday
3. Post a new quote everyday for 3 consecutive days
Quote for the day:
You can do any of the tags if you want, or all of them, or just answer the questions in the comments.