I have procured a laptop, I repeat, I have procured a laptop!


But first, Happy Easter to all!

We essentially had an open house for our entire church (which, as far as I know, does not consist of even one hundred people yet).

It was awesome. We had the house spic and span with flowers in almost every room downstairs. People came and went between 11 in the morning and 4(?) in the afternoon. Then after cleaning up, we lounged around for a bit. Aron (see the Family Blog if you don't know who he is), as well as Mom's parents and Aunt Lauren and Uncle Phil stayed with us for a late dinner and movie.

Earlier this year, I told Dad that I was going to start saving for a laptop. Because I wanted to have access to one whenever I needed one (because, writing inspiration at odd hours and brother needing the laptop for school can make things rather awkward), I wanted to blog more, and I'll most likely be needing one for myself for school related things.

A week or two ago, Aunt Lauren mentioned that she was going to be selling her laptop, and that if I wanted it, I could make an offer.

Needless to say, I jumped at it. :)

So when they came for Easter, Aunt Lauren brought the laptop with her, and walked me through the basics of how to use it (I was using a macbook air, this is a dell).

I'll be leaving my photos on the other laptop for now because; 1, it takes FOREVER to put over a thousand photos onto a thumb drive (I know, I've done it before), 2, I don't really want to go through that again, and 3, because dad said not to.

It doesn't have the longest battery life in the world, however, it is much better than that of our other pc laptop, whose battery life might last 30 minutes on a good day. I'm hoping I'll be able to re-train the battery to last longer (yes, that is a thing. I've trained my iPod battery to last between 12 and 24 hours).

The different touchpad and Google Chrome will take some getting used to, as will Microsoft Word. All my mandatory documents (stories, Sindarin dictionaries + phrases, lists of characters and quotes, etc) have been transferred via email, because I can only change the formatting (Pages, PDF, Word, etc) if I'm sharing it. A chore, yes, but not a difficult one.

That said, I'm terribly sorry for not keeping up with the blogosphere.

 Those of you who tagged me, I have a master post in the works as we speak, er, as I write.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is playing at the dollar theater, thus Mom and I convinced Dad to let Christian and me go. I've been shielding my eyes of spoilers for weeks. No easy feat considering how many people on Pinterest like Star Wars.



We left around 4:15, as it was a 5 o'clock showing, and I wanted a good 10-15 minutes of extra time.

We made it with about 5 minutes to spare, as this girl here took the exit for the frontage road instead of the highway.

I was so hyped up that I was shaking during almost the entire car ride.

There were only 5 or 6 people in the theater besides us, so that was awesome.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... *cue the music we all know and love* *chills*

THE THING! Then, THAT OTHER THING! Gah! Oh, oh, oh, and that's...!

*Grins really big*  Er ma goodness! BB-8 though...

Just Wow. No words. None. Go watch it.

I don't remember being so excited about a movie since I went to go see Jurassic World with some of my friends.

And now, the news.

We are facing extreme charges of energy to the body, but unfortunately not to the brain. A recent analysis points the symptoms to the fact that the subject has not yet eaten dinner, but has experienced a large dose of excitement. However, the subject has deemed dinner unnecessary, as it is after 10 o'clock, and she is not that hungry anyways. The subject hopes that her empty stomach will prompt her to get up when her alarm goes off in the morning, rather than hitting snooze like she normally does.

The subject will then reward herself with a cup of coffee after breakfast, during her math. When the clock hits a certain number, her phone will go off, reminding her that she needs to leave for work in half an hour. She will then scramble to find something to eat before heading out to the car and turning on music for the drive to work. It is unclear what her work will consist of for the day, it could range from sweeping the floor to going through photos, or even making minor edits to the said photos.

When the clock hits a certain number, the subject will ask her employer what days she will need to come and work next week, before driving back home, listening to music. Upon her arrival, the subject will have math corrections to make, as well has grading her brother's math, if she has not done it before her departure earlier in the day. Once finished, the subject will work on a photobook. If she is not making dinner, the subject will eventually (before sunset) feed the fowl her family keeps for eggs. She will then sit down with her family for the evening meal, then once all have finished, the subject will wash the dishes. The rest of the evening is the subject's to spend, whether that be with books, with her writing/blogging, or with her camera shooting the sunset.

Thus ends the subject's day.

Comments

  1. YOU SAW STAR WARS!!! *ahem* Isn't it amazing? And seriously, BB-8 is adorable and I really want one. That's so cool that you got a laptop! I know how great it can feel when you're competing for time on a computer and then you get your own. It is pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Laptop! It's nice having your own, and Star Wars was great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, if you have any questions, ask away!

My eyes will twinkle notably, and I'll begin to smile uncontrollably!

But please, keep your comments pleasing to The Lord.

Ni lassui!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bookshelf Tag

I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick.... oh dragon's teeth!

I fixed it!