The beacons are lit, Chloe calls for aid!


Wherein Chloe is a tad bit frustrated with the progress of "The Exile and the Songbird."

Once upon a time, I had the brilliant idea to smash together "Robin Hood" and "Sleeping Beauty." I was very excited about it, even went so far as to sign up for NaNoWriMo just so I would have the extra motivation to write it.

NaNo came and went, and I was still under 10K words. Not so bad, considering this was my first ever big story, first ever NaNo, first ever a lot of things.

I had so many ideas for how I wanted the story to go, the only problem was that the majority of the scathingly brilliant ideas where to take place in the middle/end of the story, thus I had to write all the boring parts first.

I know you're thinking "eh, whatever, that's just a part of writing." And I know that is true, but I got bored (I guess?) so I unleashed sarcasm upon all the characters in order to keep myself entertained.

Here's the issue though: *pause for dramatic effect*

I put so much sarcasm in the beginning, that now when I try to write a serious bit, it comes across as cheesy.

Here's where y'all can help (if thou pleaseth):

I will send the document to those of you who want to read it, and if y'all could give suggestions as to what I should do, or what to change, or if this problem is just a figment of my imagination, that'd be great.

Those of you who want to read it, I have initiated comment moderation, so if you just comment your email, I'll be able to send it off to you.

Aaannnddd if you don't want to read it, that is completely fine too.

Here's a snippet to keep you all company:

It was a successful morning. Many frogs were caught and held in Doran’s hands, and a great deal of butterflies were snared by the net. Both tromped back to the mansion covered with splotches of mud and dusted with grass clippings, but none the worse for the wear, and just in time to clean up before lunch. "

Comments

  1. Hey! I'd love to read this and help you out, if you're interested. Do you have a date you'd need it read by, though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No time-sensitive deadline, it shouldn't take too long though, since it's still only a little over 10K words.

      Thanks a bunch!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, if you have any questions, ask away!

My eyes will twinkle notably, and I'll begin to smile uncontrollably!

But please, keep your comments pleasing to The Lord.

Ni lassui!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bookshelf Tag

I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick, I'mnotgettingsick.... oh dragon's teeth!

I fixed it!