A while back, I mentioned going on a Haiti trip in 2014 with Mom and Lydia. I also said that a two-year anniversary post was coming up. This is it, by the way. June 5, 2014. Mom, Lydia, and I met up with the rest of our group that morning (7am, I think? Not sure though), who had flown in from Kansas the night before. (We were with a group from Haiti Lifeline Ministries ) We landed in Florida, made a gate change, and got on the plane to Haiti. (I must say, it is a whole lot easier to get out of the US than it is to get back in) You know Haiti; definitely not classified as a first world country, so there was none of this 'wandering off two by two' in the Haitian airport. A truck from the orphanage we were going to met us, and the baggage was loaded on. Everyone piled inside (it was open-air, and the seats were essentially metal bleacher benches, no seatbelts). The orphanage was a good 30-45 minute drive. I say drive, but the roads were mostly unpaved and chock-full of ...
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments make my day, if you have any questions, ask away!
My eyes will twinkle notably, and I'll begin to smile uncontrollably!
But please, keep your comments pleasing to The Lord.
Ni lassui!